Apple MacBook Air 13″ Liquid Damage & Sparks!
The client didn’t realise their water bottle leaked in their school back and also had their MacBook in their bag standing side ways where the charging ports facing down.
After getting home and laptop wouldn’t turn on, they thought it was out of battery. After plugging in the battery smoke started to come out and sparks flew in the air and scared the client big time.
Client visited Apple store and was immediately told logic board needs replacing $990+ or a new MacBook Air and no chance for data recovery.
We took a look at it and saw most damage on charging controller module and minor damage on main logic board causing high CPU fan speeds.
We replaced faulty modules on logic board and replaced with new charging module as well connector cables. For half price the client was back in business in 1 business day!